De-Escalation and Control Tactics Instructor
Course Hours: 88.0 Hours
This course is designed to provide student instructors the instructional knowledge and ability to teach a realistic approach to verbal, physical and mechanical de-escalation tactics, and provide their future students with essential skills for subject - officer encounters.
Prior to selection for the course, students must submit the following documentation to the course coordinator, Casey Baynes at [email protected]. Documents should be in Adobe PDF format.
- POST General Instructor certification or equivalent.
- Certificate of completion of GPSTC 40-hour De-Escalation and Control Tactics course. Special Note: Due to the update for this program of instruction, the 40-hour Defensive Tactics course shall be sufficient until January 2023.
- Medical Waiver (Download the form to complete here)
- Proof of actual Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) exposure. This may include identification of a course that required OC exposure in its curriculum. Identify the course name, location and completion date. Photographic or video evidence may also be provided.
- 25 full-body push-ups.
- 30 sit-ups.
- Bench press 75% of personal body weight.
- Complete a 1.5 mile run within 16:00 minutes, OR 300 meter sprint within 66.0 seconds.
Who Should Attend
This course should be attended by local, state, federal, or military law enforcement instructors prior to delivery of de-escalation and control tactics training.
Student must bring water bottle, duty gear (minus weapons except expandable baton), handcuffs, handcuff keys, and personal protective equipment.
|Start Date||End Date||Location (Hover for more information)||Time||Course Number||Status|
|04/22/2024||05/03/2024||GPSTC, FORSYTH||08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.||TBA||Coming Soon|
|12/02/2024||12/13/2024||GPSTC, FORSYTH||08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.||TBA||Coming Soon|
|05/05/2025||05/16/2025||GPSTC, FORSYTH||08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.||TBA||Coming Soon|
|10/27/2025||11/07/2025||GPSTC, FORSYTH||08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.||TBA||Coming Soon|