Precision Immobilization Technique (P.I.T.) Instructor
Course Hours: 16.0 Hours
This course is designed to provide the law enforcement driving instructor with the vehicle dynamics, legal considerations, and officer safety aspects required to instruct other law enforcement officers the techniques to properly perform the Precision Immobilization Technique (P.I.T.).
1. Present employment as a certified law enforcement officer;
2. Possess a valid driver's license;
3. Past completion of the Precision Immobilization Technique course;
4. Past completion of the Driver Training Instructor Program (DITP); and
5. On the first day of class, students must provide a letter from their representing agency confirming the agency has a policy allowing the use of the P.I.T. maneuver. The letter must be signed by the agency head or their designee.
Special Note: Out-of-state students are not subject to the aforementioned prerequisites.)
Who Should Attend
Potential students include law enforcement driving instructors who are employed by an agency that currently uses the Precision Immobilization Technique (P.I.T.) to terminate vehicle pursuits.
|Start Date||End Date||Location (Hover for more information)||Time||Course Number||Status|
|01/11/2024||01/12/2024||GPSTC, FORSYTH||08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.||LPAA24033||Register|
|09/19/2024||09/20/2024||GPSTC, FORSYTH||08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.||TBA||Coming Soon|
|05/08/2025||05/09/2025||GPSTC, FORSYTH||08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.||TBA||Coming Soon|
|06/02/2025||06/03/2025||GPSTC, FORSYTH||08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.||TBA||Coming Soon|