Reference Series - Probable Cause, Arrest and Civil Custody
Course Hours: 1.0 Hours
The Georgia Public Safety Training Center is pleased to provide the first Reference Series course, intended to refresh and update the criminal procedure knowledge of Georgia's certified law enforcement officers and serve as a deeper analysis of key topics to enhance the learning experience for students enrolled in basic training courses.
In this course, we will examine:
- Origin and significance of probable cause.
- Current statutory and case law related to custodial arrest.
- Current statutory and case law related to non-custodial arrest.
- Procedures for violations of motor vehicle, traffic and certain other statutes.
- The often-misunderstood statutes and procedures for involuntary care, known as protective custody.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for both experienced certified law enforcement officers and students currently enrolled in basic training courses.
|Start Date||End Date||Location (Hover for more information)||Time||Course Number||Status|