Submit a completed State of Georgia Application for Employment to Human Resources - GPSTC; 1000 Indian Springs Drive; Forsyth, Georgia 31029 or fax to (478) 993-4229, no later than 5:00 p.m. of the deadline date. A separate application for each position being applied for is required. Job title and announcement number MUST be listed on the application. Incomplete applications can result in applicant not being considered for the vacancy. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Initial screening is by application review only. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted for interview appointment.
GPSTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, or other protected categories in employment or the provision of services. Qualified applicants may request reasonable accommodation, when needed during the application or screening processes by contacting Human Resources at (478) 993-4411.
Link to job application: http://www.spa.ga.gov/jobApplicants/stateapp.asp
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to full-time regular employees of the GPSTC . Features of this package include:
- Annual Leave - Accrual of annual leave is based on years of continuous service and earned as follows:
- 5 hours at the end of each semi-monthly period for up to 5 years of service.
- 6 hours at the end of each semi-monthly period for 5-10 years of service.
- 7 hours at the end of each semi-monthly period for 10+ years of service.
- Sick Leave - Accrual of sick leave is at the rate of 5 hours each semi-monthly period.
- Holidays – Eligible employees enjoy 12 paid holidays per year.
- Insurance - Employees have the opportunity to participate in a variety of insurance options including Health, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Disability, Vision, Specified Employee Illness & Accident Plan, and health & dependent care spending accounts. Many of these options are offered on a pre-tax basis.
- Retirement Plan – Employees participate in the Employees’ Retirement System. Contributions are based on a percentage of the employee’s salary.
- Deferred Compensation / Peach State Reserves – Tax sheltered plans are available that offer employees the opportunity to save for retirement. Fund programs include both 457 and 401(k) plans.
- Credit Union – Employees are eligible to become members of the Georgia United Credit Union and the Justice Federal Credit Union. Both credit unions offer a variety of financial services including checking and savings accounts, personal, home and auto loans, credit cards, and check cards.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – The goal of the Employee Assistance Program is to maintain employee productivity by offering services that include early intervention and prevention. EAP can help find solutions to a full range of personal concerns including stress, crisis, relationship issues, and life adjustments.
- Georgia Higher Education Savings Plan (GHESP) – Georgia’s Section 529 college savings plan is a higher education savings program that provides significant tax advantages. Earnings, gross tax-free, and withdrawals are exempt from federal and state taxes when used to pay for qualified education expenses. The savings can be used for undergraduate, post-graduate, technical, vocational, or other degrees and at nearly any college in the country (and at many foreign schools).